Receive a summer fellowship to support research during the summer semester
Faculty of the University of Northern Iowa, holding a full-time (9 month) tenure-track and tenured appointment are eligible to apply for a Summer Fellowship. Through these awards, the University seeks to encourage, assist, support faculty research, creative activity, and grant applications. Joint applications that are collaborative or interdisciplinary are eligible. One summer must elapse between successive Summer Fellowships. All Summer Fellowship recipients may be asked to serve on the University Research Committee upon the successful completion of their fellowship.
- There are 6 four-week awards available for the month of May 2023, and 6 four-week awards for the month of June 2023. The compensation for a four-week fellowship will be $3800 plus fringe benefits.
- As per the Faculty Handbook (Section 4.16 Summer Research Fellowships), “During the summer fellowship period, recipients cannot generally hold another assignment or receive additional compensation from the university. However, recipients may receive compensation from other sources up to a total amount equal to their standard 1/9 salary if the projects funded by other sources also relate to the focus of the Summer Research Fellowship proposal.” Faculty who have not received on-campus research or scholarship funding, or do not have course release for summer are eligible to receive an SRF award.
- Accepting this internal funding requires you to agree either to return to the institution granting such an assignment for a period of not less than one year or to repay to the University such compensation as you shall have received during such assignment.
- Electronic Application Form submitted to workflow early enough to receive approvals.
Deadlines for 2022-2023
- Tuesday, October 11, 2022: electronic application submitted to workflow by 4:30 p.m.
- Electronic forms need a minimum of 5 days to process through the workflow approvals, please take this into consideration when submitting.