Although much of your contact will be with the faculty and staff in your department, program, and college, the Graduate College can assist you in many ways.
The Graduate College:
- Serves as a liaison between graduate education and graduate students.
- Helps maintain a sense of community with all graduate programs and students.
- Provides information about what is going on within the graduate community through UNI Grad Student News, the monthly Graduate College newsletter.
- Serves as a resource for professional development and theses and dissertations guidelines.
The Graduate College's Website
You should familiarize yourself with the Graduate College's website and the resources available there, including the Graduate College Events/Deadlines calendar. The homepage is also updated regularly with news and information for graduate students. You should bookmark both the Graduate College's homepage and UNI's homepage to keep informed of what is happening around campus.
The Graduate College Homepage
Features on the website include:
- Current and past issues of UNI Grad Student News
- Contact information for Graduate College staff and Graduate Programs
- Official policy on many issues regarding graduate students
- Professional development resources and opportunities
- Information on the Annual Graduate Student Symposium
- Graduate College Events/Deadlines Calendar
- Assistantships & Graduate College Tuition Scholarship information
- And much, much more
Although individual departments oversee many aspects of your graduate study, there are also many areas which are the responsibility of the Graduate College.