Nomination Deadline: Friday, November 2, 2018
Materials Submission Deadline: 4:30 p.m., Friday, February 8, 2019
The James F. Lubker Faculty Research Award was created and is supported by the academic deans to honor Dr. Jim Lubker, Professor of Communication Sciences and Disorders (1995 - 2009), Dean of the College of Humanities and Fine Arts (1995 - 2005), and Interim Executive Vice President and Provost (2005 - 2009). This award is an annual cash prize recognizing a UNI faculty member for "excellence in research and scholarship".
Eligibility and Criteria
- Nominees must be a tenured member of the University of Northern Iowa faculty with at least five years of full-time service at UNI at the time of nomination.
- Faculty are limited to receiving the award every ten years.
- The major selection criterion is exceptional original contributions to research and scholarship, including the creative and performing arts.
- A faculty member may not apply for the James F. Lubker Faculty Research Award; the Distinguished Scholar Award and the Outstanding Graduate Faculty Teaching Award in the same year. If nominated for all of them, the faculty member will have to choose which award to apply for.
Selection and Application Procedures
- One nomination from each department may be made from the department head to the dean by Friday, November 2, 2018. The department head will include the CV of the nominated faculty member along with the nomination.
- After consulting with the College Senates, College Deans will forward the nominees’ names (CHAS: up to four names; COE: up to two names; CSBS: up to two names; CBA: two names if possible) to the Graduate College on Friday, January 11, 2019 by 4.30 pm. Please note that each dean will submit one form with the nominees and attest to the fact that the appropriate College Senate was directly involved in selecting the nominees. Click here to see form.
- The deans’ nominees will be contacted by the Graduate College and asked to submit supporting materials, which are due on Friday, February 8, 2019 by 4. 30 pm.
- Each dean will select one representative (CHAS: two representatives) from their college, but outside the departments of the nominees, to serve on the selection committee.
The Awardee will be recognized at the Annual Graduate Faculty Meeting in April. The Awardee will receive a plaque and subsequently a $1000 award through payroll. For additional information, contact the Associate Dean of the Graduate College at 3-2748 or at email@example.com.