Graduate College


Graduate Student On-Campus Housing Options

Still looking for a place to live? UNI offers a variety of options for on-campus housing and there are many options in Waterloo and Cedar Falls.



In order to apply for on-campus housing you must be admitted to UNI. The following on-campus options are available for graduate students:

Jennings Apartments

Jennings Apartments offers one- and two-bedroom apartments and townhouses.  They are located on the south side of campus.  This affordable housing offers full support of UNI housing management and maintenance staff. 

For more information, visit or contact the Jennings Apartments Office, 3900 Jennings Drive, 319-273-6232.

University Hillside Apartments


Residence on the Hill (ROTH)

The ROTH Complex offers suites and apartments for students in upperclass status.  It is located on the south side of campus.  ROTH has full kitchen facilities in both the suites and apartments, making meal plans optional for this community.  ROTH also has easy access to parking as well as the availability of the Panther Shuttle during the academic year.  

For more information, visit or call the Department of Residence at 319-273-2333.



Shull Hall

Shull Hall offers a traditional residence hall setting with some all upperclass floors. It is located near the middle of campus with easy access to parking, the Piazza dining center and Biscotti’s convenience store.  Residents of Shull Hall are able to choose a “super single” room option which allows for plenty of privacy in a residence hall setting.

Shull hall


Off-Campus Housing

There are many apartments, houses, and other rentals available throughout the Cedar Falls-Waterloo area in a variety of price ranges. Some are within walking-distance of campus, some may be near a bus route, and many are in areas that would require a car. Take a look and find the option that is right for you!

The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier (the local newspaper) posts advertisements for rentals in the Cedar Valley on their website at

Seerley BlvdWinter view down Seerley Blvd. near the UNI Campus


Meal Plans

A variety of meal plan options are available through the Department of Residence for students living both on and off-campus.

For more information on meal plan options, visit

Maucker Union Food Court Area

Maucker Union