James F. Lubker Faculty Research Award
Nomination Deadline: November 7, 2014
Materials Submission Deadline: February 13, 2015
The James F. Lubker Faculty Research Award was created and is supported by the academic deans to honor Dr. Jim Lubker, Professor of Communication Sciences and Disorders (1995 - 2009), Dean of the College of Humanities and Fine Arts (1995 - 2005), and Interim Executive Vice President and Provost (2005 - 2009). This award is an annual cash prize recognizing a UNI faculty member for "excellence in research and scholarship".
Eligibility and Criteria
- Nominees must be a tenured member of the University of Northern Iowa faculty with at least five years of full-time service at UNI at the time of nomination.
- Faculty are limited to receiving the award every ten years.
- The major selection criterion is exceptional original contributions to research and scholarship, including the creative and performing arts.
- One nomination from each department may be made from the department head to the dean by Friday, November 7, 2014. The department head will include the CV of the nominated faculty member along with the nomination.
- After consulting with the College Senate, the dean will forward up to two names (CHAS: up to four names; ideally two from HFA,and two from NS) for consideration to the Graduate College by 5:00 pm on Friday, January 16, 2015. The deans’ nominees will be notified to submit supporting materials, which are due by 5:00 pm on Friday, February 13, 2015.
- Each dean will select one representative (CHAS: two representatives) from their college, but outside the departments of the nominees, to serve on the selection committee.
- The Awardee will be recognized at the Annual Graduate Faculty Meeting in April.